G C Lichtenberg: “It is as if our languages were confounded: when we want a thought, they bring us a word; when we ask for a word, they give us a dash; and when we expect a dash, there comes a piece of bawdy.”
H. P. Lovecraft: "What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!"
Werner Herzog: “We are surrounded by worn-out, banal, useless and exhausted images, limping and dragging themselves behind the rest of our cultural evolution.”
John Gray: "Unlike Schopenhauer, who lamented the human lot, Leopardi believed that the best response to life is laughter. What fascinated Schopenhauer, along with many later writers, was Leopardi’s insistence that illusion is necessary to human happiness."
Art Spiegelman: "You know words in a way are hitting you on the left side of your brain, music and visual arts hit on the right side of the brain, so the idea is to pummel you, to send you from left brain to right brain and back until you're as unbalanced as I am."
विलास सारंग: "संदर्भ कुठलेही असोत, संस्कृत, इंग्रजी, बुद्धिवादी, तांत्रिक, इतिहासाचे, खगोलशास्त्राचे, आधुनिक पदार्थविज्ञानाचे, शिवकालीन व पेशवाईतील बखरीचे, अगणित ज्ञानक्षेत्रांचे, अशा वैविध्यपूर्ण ज्ञानावर लेखन- विशेषत: कवितालेखन- उभं राहत."
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
2. Bankimchandra Chattopadhyay's "Vande Mataram" sung by Lata Mangeshkar for film 'Anand Math'. (Music director: Hemant Kumar)
3. Vinayak Damodar Savarkar's "Jayostute Shree Mahan Mangale" sung by Mangeshkar siblings
4. Vinayak Damodar Savarkar's "Sagara Pran Talmalala" sung by Mangeshkar siblings
5. "O Mera Rang De Basanti Chola" from Shaheed (1965) Music Director: Prem Dhawan Singers: Mukesh, Mahendra Kapoor, Rajendra Mehta
5. G D Madgulkar's "he rashtra devatanche, he rashtra preshitanche aa chandra-surya nando, swatrantra bhaaratache" (Singer : Rani Verma Music : C. Ramchandra Movie : Gharkul Year : 1970)
Artist: Alan Dunn, The New Yorker, 29 November 1941
p.s. The Internationale is a famous socialist, communist, social-democratic and anarchist anthem.